12 May Paleo Lemon Strawberry Poppyseed Muffins
These paleo strawberry muffins are perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack. A delicious recipe that’s gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free and perfect for Spring!
Paleo Lemon Strawberry Poppyseed Muffins
These paleo strawberry muffins are perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack. A delicious recipe that's gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free and perfect for Spring!
Servings 11 muffins
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp poppyseeds
- pinch sea salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted/cooled
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 12 cup muffin pan with coconut oil, or use cupcake liners.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together almond flour, baking soda, poppyseeds and sea salt.
- In a small bowl whisk together melted coconut oil, eggs (better at room temp so that it doesn't harden the coconut oil), honey, vanilla extract and lemon juice. Add wet mixture to dry and mix well.
- Gently fold in the chopped strawberries.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups about 3/4 full.
- Bake at 325F for about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days. Or store in the freezer for several weeks.