Dark Chocolate Coconut Milk Ice Cream
Vegan dark chocolate ice cream that's also paleo and nut-free! This ice cream is just as rich-tasting as the real thing, but lighter and naturally sweetened with maple syrup.
- 2 14 ounce cans of full-fat coconut milk 1 full can + only cream layer of 2nd can
- 1 ripe frozen banana
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- handful of chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
- Shredded coconut for garnish
Combine all of the ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth.
Transfer mixture to a freezer-safe container. Place in the freezer for 4-6 hours.
Allow ice cream to thaw at room temperature for 15-20 minutes before serving.
For the coconut milk, you need to buy two cans of full-fat canned coconut milk. When you open the can it will be separated (coconut milk on the bottom and coconut cream on top). You will use one full can, and then just the coconut cream layer from the second jar.