Raw Vegan Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
These raw, vegan, paleo blueberry cheesecake bars are absolutely delicious. Made without grains or refined sugar.
For the crust:
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
For the blueberry layer:
- 1 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the crust:
In a food processor, process dates until small pieces are formed. Remove from processor.
Process almonds and coconut shreds until a fine meal forms. Add dates back in and process again until dough forms.
Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Transfer the dough mixture and pack it evenly to the bottom of the dish. Refrigerate until you are ready to pour the cheesecake layer on top.
For the blueberry cheesecake layer:
In a high powdered blender, combine soaked, rinsed and drained cashews, coconut oil, coconut cream, maple syrup, vanilla extract and matcha powder.
Blend until smooth and creamy and pour batter over the crust and freeze for at least two hours.
When ready to serve, cut into squares. Keep frozen for up to one month.
- For the cashews, soak in bowl with filtered water for six hours prior to using. Then, rinse through a strainer and you're good to go!
- If your dates are a bit hard, soak in warm filtered water for a few minutes before using so that they soften.
- For the coconut cream, I buy full fat coconut cream and scoop off the top layer of cream. This usually comes out to exactly 1/2 cup which is what this recipe calls for.