14 Nov Crispy Parsnip Fries
Meet your new favorite side dish! I often forget about parsnips and how much I enjoy them. These crispy baked parsnip fries are easy to make and so satisfying! Parsnips look like white carrots, but they have a nuttier flavor and in my opinion are WAY TASTIER.
Crispy Parsnip Fries
- 3-4 large parsnips cut into "fries"
- 1 1/2 tbsp avocado oil or melted ghee
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- pinch of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set a rack in the middle of the oven.
- Wash and scrub your parsnips and cut into "fries".
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your parsnips with the avocado oil and spices and toss until the parsnips are evenly coated.
- Arrange parsnips on the baking sheet, spread out so no two are touching.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, until bottoms are beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven and flip using a spatula. Continue to bake another 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with as a side dish, appetizer or snack!