13 Dec Pan Fried Plantains
Fried plantains are a great side dish, snack or addition to any meal! If you’re ready to add plantains to your life but aren’t sure how (like I was for way too long) you are in luck. My recipe is super simple and they are ready to eat within a few minutes. If you are paleo or avoiding grains, it can be hard to find a variety of carbohydrates to incorporate. I find myself eating sweet potatoes most of the time, but plantains are a great way to switch up your menu! They make an excellent side dish, quick snack, or addition to any meal.
- 1 large green plantain
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat your oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Peel your plantain by cutting off the ends and then slicing the peel to make it easier to peel.
- Slice plantain so you get 1" round slices.
- Place plantains in coconut oil. When the bottoms are golden brown, flip to brown the other side.
- With the back of a fork, press down on each side to flatten each plantain. Add salt and pepper.
- Remove from the pan and enjoy!