23 Jul Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
These cookies were inspired by my grandpa! He asked me to make him a healthy version of the traditional chewy, sweet, delicious oatmeal raisin cookie for his 79th birthday. I added chocolate chips to his batch, but you can also add dried cherries, shredded coconut, or extra raisins. These cookies will make your kitchen smell like an absolute dream!
Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup unsweetened raisins
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted/cooled
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp dried cherries
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir together the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, stir together the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet mix to the dry mix and stir until well combined.
- Form the dough into balls on the baking sheet. Press the balls down slightly with your hand or a fork. If your dough is too soft to roll into balls, refrigerate for about 30 minutes (I do this to make forming the balls easier).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. They'll be quite soft straight from the oven but firm up as they cool.
- Let cool completely and store in an airtight container up to 5 days.