09 Mar Gluten-Free Spaghetti Bolognese
Gluten-Free Spaghetti Bolognese
A healthier version of a classic comfort food! Perfect for a quick, delicious weeknight dinner.
Prep Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 lb ground lamb or beef
- 1 15 oz jar of tomato sauce
- 6 oz gluten-free spaghetti
- 6 oz zucchini noodles
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- chopped fresh basil leaves
- grated macadamia nut
- grated parmesan cheese
- crushed red pepper
- In a large skillet, warm 1 tbsp of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the ground lamb, minced garlic, sea salt, pepper and sauté until mostly cooked through, breaking up chunks as you go, about 6 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, stirring to combine. Bring to a simmer then reduce heat to low.
- As the sauce simmers, prepare the pasta. Bring a pot of salted water to boil, then cook the spaghetti as indicated on the box. Once the pasta is ready, drain and rinse under cold water.
- Add the pasta to the skillet. At the very last second, add your zucchini noodles. Make sure that you squeeze the excess water from them prior to adding. Toss to combine.
- Plate, add the garnishes and enjoy!