28 Jan No Bake Granola Bars
I’ve been wanting to make my own homemade granola bars for years, and finally did it today! Even the healthiest store bought granola bars taste so artificial and processed in my opinion. These are gluten free, refined sugar free and would be perfect to prep ahead of time to snack on all week long. The recipe makes 8 granola bars!
No Bake Granola Bars
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
For on top:
- 3 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- Add almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract to a saucepan and place over low heat. Stir the mixture until well combined and completely smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in oats, flax meal, shredded coconut, chopped almonds, hemp seeds, cinnamon and sea salt. Stir until well combined.
- Line an 8×4 loaf pan with parchment paper and pour mixture into pan making sure to spread evenly. Then press down in the pan.
- Place dark chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small saucepan, stirring until chocolate is completely smooth. Drizzle over bars.
- Place bars in the fridge for 1 hour or until mixture has hardened. Remove bars from pan and cut into bars.
- Store bars in the fridge in an airtight container. Bars will last up to 1 week in the fridge or 1 month in the freezer.