12 Feb Paleo Brownies (Nut-Free)
These are the most delicious paleo and brownies that you’ll ever make! Cocoa powder and melted dark chocolate make them extra chocolatey with rich flavor and a fudge-like texture. Grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free and great when you want a healthier version of a decadent treat.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder or cacao powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 large eggs room temp.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 4 ounces dark chocolate melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- melted chocolate
- flakey sea salt
- Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients.
- Slowly mix in wet ingredients with dry ingredients. The batter will be thick.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the pan comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool in the pan. Top with melted chocolate and flakey sea salt. Remove the brownies from the pan and cut into squares.