13 Dec Raspberry Pie Bars
These grain-free raspberry pie bars are a delicious, healthy treat perfect for the whole family!
Raspberry Pie Bars
These pie bars are a delicious and healthy treat to enjoy any time of day. Plus, they are gluten-free, dairy-free and paleo!
Servings 16 pie bars
- 2 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted/cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup remaining crust layer crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a 9 inch square pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, vanilla, cinnamon, honey and coconut oil. Stir together until it is well combined.
- Press the dough (set aside 1/4 of dough to be used for the topping) into the bottom of the pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Now, make the filling. In a sauce pan combine the raspberries, maple syrup, coconut flour and coconut oil. Cook over medium heat, pressing the raspberries to break down. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the mixture is thick and no fully formed raspberries remain. It should look like a jam. Transfer the mixture into a small bowl and refrigerate until needed.
- Once the crust is cooked let cool for 10 minutes. While that is cooling add chopped walnuts and chopped dates to the remaining 1/4 cup of dough.
- Spread the raspberry sauce on the crust then sprinkle the dough mixture evenly on top. Press down gently to make sure it stays in place. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let pie bars cool, cut into squares, and store in the fridge for up to one week!