07 Mar Raw Carrot Cake (Paleo, Vegan)
Raw Carrot Cake (Paleo, Vegan)
This Raw Carrot Cake is a spin on a my all time favorite traditional cake! It’s made with a carrot, date and walnut base and topped with a cashew cream icing.
For the Base:
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
For the Icing:
- 1 cup cashews soaked in water 20 minutes
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- To make the base, add dates in a food processor until it forms a paste.
- Add the walnuts, carrots, ginger, cinnamon, coconut flour, coconut oil and coconut flakes together to the food processor with the date paste and process until well combined.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper so you can pull up the cake easily once set.
- Place the base mixture in the loaf pan and place in the freezer while you prepare the icing.
- Add soaked cashew, maple syrup, vanilla extract and coconut oil to the food processor. Blend until a silky smooth icing forms.
- Remove the loaf pan from the freezer and spread the icing over the base. Sprinkle with walnut pieces if you like.
- Place the loaf pan back in the freezer for at least one hour.
- Remove and slice into mini carrot cake bites. Keep carrot cake bites in a container in the freezer.