09 Aug Raw Vegan Matcha Cheesecake Bars
If you follow me on Instagram, you know I am a huge fan of matcha green tea. I drink it almost every morning and it’s a vital part of my morning routine. Matcha is unique because it contains L-Theanine, an amino acid that helps balance out the caffeine content. While matcha may contain the same amount of caffeine as other types of tea, the L-Theanine is known to create calmness without drowsiness. It is also known to increase energy and focus! Switching from coffee to matcha helped me in my journey to heal my adrenals and keep my anxiety at bay. I have grown to LOVE the taste and wanted to incorporate it into a dessert. Today’s recipe is a raw vegan cheesecake bar made with cashews, coconut cream, coconut oil and high quality matcha green tea powder. The crust is made with dates, almonds and shredded coconut making the most delicious snack or dessert!
I’ve tried a few brands of matcha over the past year or so. My favorite brand is Soar Organics because I think the quality is extremely high and it is much more affordable than some of the other brands on the market. If you want to try it, be sure to use my discount code LEXIBORR15 for 15% off your entire order at checkout.
I hope you love these Raw Vegan Matcha Cheesecake Bars!
Raw Vegan Matcha Cheesecake Bars
For the crust:
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the cheesecake filling:
- 1 1/2 cup *raw cashews
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp Soar Organics matcha powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the crust:
- In a food processor, process dates until small pieces are formed. Remove from processor.
- Process almonds and coconut shreds until a fine meal forms. Add dates back in and process again until dough forms.
- Line a dish with parchment paper. Transfer the dough mixture and pack it evenly to the bottom of the dish. Refrigerate until you are ready to pour the cheesecake layer on top.
For the cheesecake layer:
- In a high powdered blender, combine soaked, rinsed and drained cashews, coconut oil, coconut cream, maple syrup, vanilla extract and matcha powder.
- Blend until smooth and creamy and pour batter over the crust and freeze for at least two hours.
- When ready to serve, cut into squares. Keep frozen for up to one month.
- *For the cashews, soak in bowl with filtered water for six hours prior to using. Then, rinse through a strainer and you're good to go!
- For the coconut cream, I buy full fat coconut cream and scoop off the top layer of cream. This usually comes out to exactly 1/2 cup.