09 Apr Raw Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake
When it comes to desserts raw vegan treats are my weakness (or strength… however you want to look at it!) This is a simple raw cheesecake with a walnut date crust and a strawberry cashew filling, topped with fresh sliced strawberries! This is by far one of my favorite desserts i’ve ever made. It’s also a lot of fun to make, and not difficult at all.
Raw Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake
For the crust:
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
For the filling:
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk from top of can
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted/cooled
- juice of two lemons
- In a food processor, process dates and walnuts until a dough like consistency forms.
- Press down the crust firmly to cover the entire pie dish.
- Place pie dish in freezer for one hour.
- In a food processor or high speed blender (I used my Vitamix) blend all ingredients for the cheesecake layer until completely smooth.
- Spread cheesecake layer evenly over the entire pie and garnish with fresh cut strawberries.
- Store in the fridge for at least one hour before cutting.
- Keep pie stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.