13 Oct Roasted Turmeric Cauliflower Soup
A nourishing soup made with simple ingredients. Paleo, dairy-free and low in sugar
Roasted Turmeric Cauliflower Soup
A nourishing soup made with simple ingredients. Paleo, dairy-free and low in sugar!
Servings 8 servings
- 2 heads cauliflower
- 2 cups bone broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 red onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- chives or any fresh herb you like!
- a drizzle of coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Chop the cauliflower into florets and place in a large bowl with avocado oil, turmeric, sea salt and pepper. Add in the chopped red onion and garlic cloves and mix to well combine.
- Place the cauliflower and onion on a large rimmed baking sheet and bake for about 25-30 minutes, flipping occasionally so they are evenly cooked.
- Meanwhile, add the coconut milk and bone broth to your high powered blender.
- Once the cauliflower is tender, add that to your blender as well. Blend until completely smooth.
- Transfer the soup into a large pot and let simmer. Add in the paprika, cumin, and coriander. Add more spice to taste.
- If the soup is too thick for your preference, add more bone broth or filtered water until desired consistency.
- While that simmers, toast the pumpkin seeds in a pan on low heat until browned.
- Chop the chives or herb of choice for garnish.
- Once the soup is hot, serve and enjoy! Keep the soup stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.