Kitchen Sink Paleo Chili
The perfect healthy paleo chili that comes together so quickly!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 1 lb ground turkey meat
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 cup filtered water or bone broth
- 1 cup mild-hot salsa depending on preference
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup white onion diced
- 2 medium sized tomatoes diced
- 1 sweet potato peeled and diced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1 jalapeño pepper minced
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- cracked black pepper to taste
- fresh cilantro or parsley for garnish
In a large skillet, heat avocado oil over medium/low heat. Add the garlic, onions, jalapeño pepper, broccoli florets, chopped kale and sweet potato, and sauté until soft.
Add the ground turkey meat to the pan and cook until browned, stirring often to break up the meat. Once the meat is browned, add the filtered water, tomatoes, salsa, salt, and all of the spices. Mix well to combine.
Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and let simmer until the chili is nice and thick. Add additional water during this time if you want your chili more like a soup. Taste and adjust spices to taste.
Garnish with fresh cilantro or parsley and serve!